Tomorrows the Big Day!

Monday, September 01, 2008

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day and weekend. Ours was awesome! . . . Full to the last hours!


Friday we watched our nephews, Cody and Josh and Joe play their first football game of the season in St. Peter. They all played well and it was fun cheering them on giving me a great reason to act like a complete goof-ball! (as if I need one) 

Saturday we went to the Renaissance Festival with our niece and nephews. We ate our fill of junk, laughed at our fill of comedy and experienced all the interesting characters we could stand. I just love the Ren Fest! Normally I dress up in costume but this year decided to wear only my horns which meant that I walked around all day with the Renaissance people saying "look at that lass - she's horny!" After the Renaissance Festival we decided to go to the Mall of America because we weren't ready for the day to end. We walked around and ate at Tony Roma's. A great time was had by all!

Sunday we celebrated Grandma and Grandpa Willaert's 50th Anniversary in Mankato at Brey Park. More good eating and company. Family celebrations with the Willaert's are always BIG. With 22 grandkids, sisters, brothers and spouses we keep each other on our toes!  And today we were planning to get to the state fair but pooped out at the last minute. Instead we hung out at home and then ventured over to Niki and Pat's for a couple of hours. We missed them so much while they were at Disney last week we had to let the girls get some more play time in before school started. Speaking of the girls, our niece, Ellie is doing amazing. I've put a link to her website in the sidebar if you'd like to check in on her.

And with all the activity this weekend I am sad to say that I didn't have a camera with me so I have no pictures of our good times. I will have the camera ready tomorrow!

So Jade is in bed now, school clothes are laid out and her lunch is made. I can't explain how I'm feeling right now. I'm excited for this milestone but I'm also feeling sad?, anxious? . . . she's been my sidekick for the last 5 years . . . what will I do without my girl around all day? And now there's going to be this outside force in her life that will play a part in molding her. God watch over all of these sweet babies as they venture out into the world tomorrow. She is such a blessing to us and we love her so much.

2 comments:

The Portas said...

I remember your horns! How funny!!

Wishing for a great first day of school for Jade today. I can't imagine how it must feel to send your baby off to school. She will do great, though! She will gain a lot of positive things from it.

Now you'll be more available to meet for lunch, right? And HEY! Isn't today your birthday????? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Let's meet soon for a birthday lunch. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Great story today...you got me a little teary eyed. Great pictures of her excitement and exzubrance on her first day of school. She is adorable. Here's to a great school year for Jade!

Love, Aunt Debbie

 
Our Adventure - by Templates para novo blogger