Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Yesterday Gary and I did make it to the movies. We saw Step Brothers! It was hilarious! A bit vulgar but rolling in the isles funny. After that it was time to come home and see our girl get off the bus! Here she is:
She yelled, "HI Mom!" and then she says "Can I have a friend over?" And if I've talked to any of you in the last couple of months you'll know that this is the dreaded question. She started asking me this question as soon as she would get up in the morning, all summer, and she would continue to ask throughout the day, every day, until I lined up a play-date. I dreaded hearing this question everyday because there were a lot of days this summer when there were no play-dates to be had and it was so upsetting to me that some how I was failing my daughter. She just has to be the most outgoing and energetic child of the century! Anyway that might also explain part of the reason I was ecstatic for kindergarten to start. So yesterday there was no play time with friends BUT today she had her buddies, Emmy and Noah, over after school!
It's weird because once they left and we ate dinner (she ate all of her dinner!) she has since been playing contentedly by herself in the living room! Who are you and what have you done to my child? Eating dinner without a fight and all of it? Playing by herself? This is not a compliant, I love it. She suddenly, in the matter of two days, seems like she's aged years and is no longer a little girl. Is this change permanent? I'll keep you posted.
She's eating all of her lunch and taking from the snack cart - I am just so impressed. All of these things I have been agonizing over all summer and she acts like she's been going to school forever! I have to share that Jade's teacher left us a message last night (I think all of Mrs. Olstad's parents got a call) while we were out to dinner. She said that Jade had a great day at school and that she did an awesome job! That she was happy, smiley and bee bopping along all day doing what they did! Doesn't that just describe her to a tee? Smiley, happy and bee bopping! . . . I knew she had Gary's perma-grin! I'll say it again . . . I'm very proud of her.
Here's a little video of her getting home yesterday. I was a bit of a pest, I guess, with all the questions I kept asking. Notice the snotty or "big woman on campus" tone she suddenly has. . . .I thought it was a bit funny, like she's just this big grown up now. Anyway we had a talk about it and she was much better today when she got home.

4 comments:
Wow! What a big girl.I'm so proud of you Jade. I was grinning from ear to ear when I read how you did on your first and second day. This is such a milestone.
It seems like just yesterday when Cara told me that she was pregnant. I was so excited to be an aunt. I wanted to be the best aunt ever for Jade. Time flyes when you're having fun. You know Cara, she acts just like you! :)
Sometimes it's like looking at my big sis when we were kids. You are so lucky so have such a wonderful daughter. Keep up the good work. You are a wonderful mom. It's so cute that you are having fun making her lunch and doing all the extra things for her. I knew you had it in you! j/k :) I love you all.
Aunt NeNe
Wow! Our little Granddaughter is growing up! This is such a blessing to experience Jade adventures. Seeing her get off the school bus Oh my! To hear that she ate a complete dinner with no problems Wow! It's like were there with her and this is so great! Cara, it is hard to believe that she is growing up. Your doing a great job sweetie! Gay Too! Enjoying the updates keep it up! Thanks love mom
Ohhhh, I just love seeing what a big girl she is and how much maturing she's doing as a little person. You can tell that school is very good for her and is making her a very well-rounded little girl. It's also so cute to see how proud you guys are of her. Aaawwww.. :) Thanks for sharing all of this! xoxoo
Hello!
Thanks for sharing, great to see the video what fun! First day of school, oh boy! We will probably be a wreck when Caraline starts school. Love, Laurie, Jerome and Caraline Wallace
Post a Comment