. . . . . .

Monday, October 06, 2008

Why do I always have so much trouble thinking of a title? So tonight I'm going to skip it. . .


An update to last Tuesday: there isn't one. We don't know if we won or lost our case. I do know that was one of the most stressful things Gary and I have ever done. To sit there and watch him be drilled for two hours on something that happened nearly 5 years ago - it brought me to tears. We both held it together though and Gary did well. I don't want to delve to far into negativity and complaining. We have other options to pursue going forward . . . all in an effort to make sure that Gary is taken care of long term.

Compared to that the rest of our week was non-eventful. Friday night we watched our nephew play football it was their homecoming game. That was fun to see all the kids running around painted, wearing jerseys and acting kind of crazy! Did I ever act like that?! Then Saturday we went to my brother-in-law, Gerald's, farm and watched the guys trap shoot. What a blast! And guess what?! I got to try it! It was so cool - I think I'm hooked. I may just have to try pheasant hunting next! And we surely have to find the closest shooting range. Neat! And Sunday we went to New Day and watched as our youngest nephew, Coleson, was dedicated to the Lord. Worship rocked, the message was one I greatly needed to hear . . . it was a spirit filled day! 

Tonight we took Jade to get some punkins (as she says it) at Jim's Apple Farm. I took a video but will have to upload it later. We weren't there very long because it was close to closing time but in Jade fashion she ran right in and got down to the business of pickin' punkins. She was very excited partly because I think she knows that her parents can't go to Jim's without buying a caramel apple pie and a few other treats. Their pies are some of the best I've ever had. When you pick it out and put it in the box it's still warm. If you've never been you absolutely have to stop out before the season ends . . .  it's a magical place!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Punkins Hey! That's our girl! I'm sure Jade picked out a great punkin! What design will Jade carve on the punkin? Sounds like what you did when you were her age Cara.Zip zap and you had your punkin all picked out and ready to go! Daughter like Mom!! The after sounds just heavenly caramel apple pie. Yum!
Awe homecoming, brings back many memories! Yes you girls did all those things running around being silly, faces painted.
Hey Cara, Jerome would enjoy taking you hunting with him, now that your hooked.
Go Coleson Praises to the Lord! He has plenty of guides leading him on the right path!
Sending prayers and Love your way, Grandma/Mom

The Portas said...

I want to go pick punkins! :) If my monster baby ever calms down maybe we can do that soon. I'm glad Jade enjoys that so much. It must be fun thing to do for a little cutie like her.

Glad to hear of all the fun, good things...and still praying for the whole situation with Gary to find resolution soon. oxoxo

 
Our Adventure - by Templates para novo blogger